Saturday 21 February 2015

My Stationery Round-Up: February

What a wonderful thing is the mail, capable of conveying across continents a warm human hand-clasp. 
-Author Unknown

Lovelies,

A few days ago, I decided to forego staying toasty indoors (utter madness since Toronto is absolutely freezing), went for Brunch at The Drake Cafe where I had their amazing chicken and waffles, and decided that today was the day I went stationery hopping! And boy did it brighten my spirits. Here is what I gathered:



First stop was The Paper Place on Queen Street. It is one of my favourite places in the city, they have such a noteworthy collection of paper goods that could make anyone's hearts soar. I find myself enchanted every time I visit and I highly recommend all to visit this place. 
That day, I picked up a couple of lovely things I needed: 


Shortly afterwards, I found myself in Koreatown and stumbled across two places which were relatively close to one another- Hanji and Mr. Pen.

Hanji greeted me with unique handmade paper and awe-inducing gifts. Upon entering the space, I was impressed that Yann Tiersen's score to Amelie was playing in the background. Combining one of my favorite scores with a room full of wonderful paper things was nothing short of fantastic. I was thrilled. What's more, after cashing in my purchases, they threw in a postcard as a gift. Can't complain.


My last stop was at Mr. Pen. It's a very cute atmosphere with a wall full of stickers and notecards. They had toys as well and I found myself picking up a couple of notecards as well as masking tape. A great place to pick up whimsical, yet practical items for your stationery needs.




Currently reading:


I was a huge fan of The Rosie Project, and was thrilled when I received this copy as a gift. Am currently on page 99 and already I have had a couple of laugh-out-loud moments on the train. I'm happy that the second book is on par with the first- I absolutely love the dynamic between Don and Rosie. I picture Benedict Cumberbatch as Don and Rose Byrne as Rosie- it would make a great film.
It's one of those reads where you don't want to the book to end: it's inevitable, yet you wish the book would go on as long as it could. 
It's just too damn good!

Until next time,

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment